Linebacker Stephone Anthony is a defensive leader as well, p

Aktuelle Themen von unseren Experten verfasst!
Forumsregeln
So funktioniert das Forum Expertenberichte:
Unsere Experten stellen hier von Zeit zu Zeit wichtige News, Wissenswertes & Expertenberichte zum Thema Kinderbetreuung & Familie ein. Sie können diese kommentieren und Fragen dazu stellen. Der Experte ist jeweils 1 Woche im Forum online erreichbar

Unsere Experten hier im Forum sind:
Institut für Familienforschung und -beratung, Uni Freiburg

Linebacker Stephone Anthony is a defensive leader as well, p

Beitragvon wangshi0816 » Fr Dez 01, 2017 5:25 am

TORONTO -- Rudy Gay had no idea how bad his vision was until he went to renew his drivers license last year and nearly failed the test. Ivan Rakitic Jersey . "They said Do you wear glasses? I said no. They said, Well you need to wear glasses," Gay recounted, with a laugh. He wasnt laughing at the time. For a guy who makes his living tossing a ball through a hoop from a distance, the news was rather disconcerting. So after a brief and unsuccessful experiment with corrective goggles, the Toronto Raptors small forward underwent surgery to correct his vision during an off-season that was otherwise devoted to improving his shooting, and beefing up his body. One day into training camp, and Gay said hes feeling like a much-improved player than the one who led the Raptors in scoring last season but also had career lows in both field goal and three-point percentage. He joked that any improvement in his game this season will be credited solely to his better vision. "Honestly, I was talking to my trainer, and he said if you come out and have a great season its going to be because of your eye, not because of the work you put in," Gay said. The 27-year-old Gay wouldnt wear contact lenses, as he had an aversion to touching his eyes. The Raptors medical staff provided him with prescription goggles but he wasnt keen on those either. So he underwent surgery early in the summer, which he said wasnt fun. "Recovery was horrible, it was terrible," Gay said. "Probably (lasted) about two weeks. First week I couldnt see, second week I could. And then months and months of putting eye drops in. "But it was one of those things that needed to happen if I wanted to continue my career." Gay averaged 19.5 points to top Toronto in scoring after he was acquired from the Memphis Grizzlies in a mid-season trade. The Raptors went 16-30 prior to the trade, and finished 18-18 with Gay on the roster. Still, he was far from his best, shooting a career-low 40.8 per cent -- down from his career high of 47.1 per cent two seasons earlier -- and 31 per cent from three-point range. So he committed every day of the off-season, he said, to being a better shooter. "I started from the basics. . . form, worked on my form. From there just rhythm, shooting, shooting, shooting, becoming comfortable with it. "I made about 300 shots a day, sometimes more, on a light day probably 300." Gay has been criticized for taking low-percentage shots -- namely long two-pointers. But at the urging of Raptors coach Dwane Casey, he sounds like hes starting to see the light when it comes to shot selection. Casey said hes been drilling Gay and Torontos other sharpshooter DeMar DeRozan about higher percentage shots. "Corner threes, paint, get to the rim, get to the free throw line, and subsequently shooting percentage is going to go up," Casey said. Gay spent a lot of summer working on his three-point shooting, and pointed out that at the end of Monday mornings practice, the entire team was doing a three-point drills. "I got it from the coaches that were going to be a team thats going to get a lot of threes up, and obviously if it comes from the top, youve got to practise it," he said. Gay also said he put on 20 pounds of muscle working with his trainer Dustin Gray back home in Baltimore. "Hopefully you can see it," Gay said laughing, puffing out his chest ever so slightly. "Maybe I should do some push-ups or something. "My trainer basically lived with me." The weight gain, said Casey, was by design, and with the intention of using Gay at power forward rather than small forward. "We talked about it, because when you look at the Eastern Conference, youve got Carmelo, LeBron, big threes playing fours, and he wants to do that and it fits us really well too, him going to the four," Casey said. "What he doesnt want to do is gain a lot of unneeded weight, just some good solid (muscle), which hes done. Hes really solid in his upper body. You can see it, it looks good. If it helps him psychologically, making contact, getting to the rim, its great. "Its going to help him be in the paint a little bit more. When you get caught outside in that non-paint area, to drop that shoulder, use your body to get into the paint to create a foul, contact, and get to the free-throw line." Casey calls Gay one of the top offensive players in the league, and said the main thing missing that could make him an all-star is winning. "Winning gets you in that conversation of being one of the top players in this league," Casey said. "The league rewards winners." Granted training camp is only a day old, but Gay has seemed more at ease, cracking jokes with reporters. When someone pointed out to Casey that Gay seems happier than he did last season, the coach said everyone was. "I think theres a different vibe," Casey said. The coach said it starts with Masai Ujiri, the Raptors new president and general manager. "Masai gave them an impassioned speech (Monday) night about what he expects from them, the passion guys have to play with, leaving all the problems all the issues, check them at the door. It sets a tone, and thats been huge," Casey said. "Hes empowered everybody to do their job. The cop-outs are gone, now its about playing and having fun, and the way you have fun is by kicking peoples butts and competing." The Raptors practise at the Air Canada Centre until Thursday and then training camp moves to Halifax for two days. They open the pre-season Monday at Boston, and are back home to host the Minnesota Timberwolves next Wednesday. Sergio Busquets Jersey . The Stampeders announced the move on Wednesday. Bell spent his first two CFL seasons with the B. Adriano Jersey . And thats good news for Canada. Kelly, who plays No. 8 at the back of the scrum, is captain of the Canadian womens team. http://www.barcelonasoccerpro.com/Authentic-Douglas-Barcelona-Jersey/ . Jacobs scored two in the first end, but Jahr briefly took charge with two in the second end and two more in the third. Jacobs, from Sault. Marie, Ont., gave Canada some breathing room, following his big fourth end by adding two more points in the fifth to go up 7-4.Orlando, FL (SportsNetwork.com) - The Oklahoma Sooners and Clemson Tigers both fell short of lofty expectations this season and will settle for meeting one another in the 2014 Russell Athletic Bowl on Monday at the Florida Citrus Bowl. Bob Stoops Sooners were ranked in the top-five to start the season and considered a favorite in the Big 12. After winning its first four games of the campaign, Oklahoma failed to find consistency the rest of the way, winning back-to-back games just once over the course of the final eight outings, culminating in a rather modest 8-4 record. Oklahoma extended it bowl streak to 16 seasons under Stoops. The program is 28-20 all-time in the postseason and its 28 bowl victories represent the third most all-time. Dabo Swinneys Tigers were supposed to give defending national champion Florida State a run for its money in the ACC this year, and although the team almost pulled off the upset in Tallahassee back on Sept. 20 (23-17 OT), the team played second fiddle to the Seminoles in the ACCs Atlantic Division. Still, Clemson finished a respectable 9-3 on the year, thanks to wins in eight of the last nine games. The Tigers are seeking their fourth straight 10-win season. Clemson is 18-18 in postseason play all-time. The Tigers have won two straight bowls, including a thrilling 40-35 win over Ohio State in last years Orange Bowl. OU holds a 2-1 edge in the series with Clemson. These two teams havent met since the 1989 Citrus Bowl, a 13-6 Clemson victory. The Sooners have had to adjust on offense due to injuries, especially to quarterback Trevor Knight. The team had to rely more on the run with redshirt freshman Cody Thomas filling in, but that has been a strength anyway, with Oklahoma ranking eighth nationally in rushing at an impressive 268.6 yards per game. Freshman Samaje Perine certainly made an immediate impact, as he set the NCAA record for most rushing yards in a game (427 yards against Kansas). The 5-11, 243-pound youngster finished the season with an astounding 1,579 yards and 21 touchdowns en route to All-America honors. Redshirt sophomore Alex Ross (6-1, 221) was a distant second in ground production, but still managed to amass 564 yards and three scores on 6.6 yards per carry. The good news is that Knight will be back on the field in Orlando. He threw for 2,197 yards and 14 TDs before going down to injury. Receivers Sterling Shepard (50 receptions, 957 yards, five TDs) and Durron Neal (40 receptions, 508 yards, three TDs) will certainly be happy to have their starting quarterback return. Just to have him (Knight) back out there with his leadership and his energy and all the experience that comes with his game is good for us receivers to get back on the same page with the quarterback we started with, Neal said. We kind of got back in a rhythm right away. He hadnt thrown a ball in a while, so we knocked a little rust off. The ball is coming just as they were prior to him getting hurt, and every day I can see hiim improving. Ousmane Dembele Jersey. . The Oklahoma defense had problems with consistency this season. The Sooners were solid against the run, allowing just 109.6 yards per game, but struggled big time against the pass, yielding a generous 272.7 yards per game through the air. Sophomore linebacker Dominique Alexander led all Sooners with 98 total tackles. Junior linebacker Eric Striker was a difference maker upfield. Of his 56 total tackles, 14 came behind the line of scrimmage, including 7.5 sacks. Redshirt sophomore cornerback Zack Sanchez (39 tackles), is the secondarys top ball-hawk with six of the teams 12 total interceptions. Clemson has played through some offensive adversity this year as well and will need to continue to do so in this game. The team will be without the services of freshman phenom Deshaun Watson, who suffered a torn ACL late in the season. The dual-threat youngster makes the Clemson offense much more dangerous, as he passed for 1,466 yards and 14 TDs this season, while rushing for an additional five scores. The good news is the team has a veteran it can lean on in Cole Stoudt. The senior signal-caller has started and come off the bench this season, having thrown for 1,573 yards and six TDs. Freshman wideout Artavis Scott (68 receptions, 851 yards, seven TDs) and sophomore Mike Williams (48 receptions, 918 yards, five TDs) headline a talented receiving corps for the Tigers. The rushing attack is not the preferred mode of travel for the Clemson offense at a modest 153.0 yards per game. Wayne Gallman tops all players with 714 yards and four TDs on the ground for Clemson. The Tigers will also be breaking in new co-offensive coordinators (Tony Elliott and Jeff Scott), as Chad Morris has taken the head coaching job at SMU. I am very happy for Chad and his family, said Swinney. This is a great opportunity and he is the right fit for SMU. I am very appreciative of the job he has done here the last four years. We have 41 wins, the most in any four- year period in Clemson history, and the offense he has directed had a lot to do with that. Our offense has performed at a record rate for this four-year period. The Clemson defense is the primary reason the team is on the verge of another double-digit win season. The Tigers lead the nation in total defense at a meager 259.6 yards per game and have shown equal disdain for the run (97.7 ypg) and the pass (161.9 ypg). Thanks to perhaps the nations best front seven, Clemson was really able to bring pressure on opposing QBs, racking up 44 sacks on the season. There are no shortage of playmakers on the Clemson defense, but the anchor of the unit is two-time All-American Vic Beasley. Regarded as one of the nations premier pass rushers and a probable first-round NFL draft pick, Beasley has once again dominated up front, collecting 18.5 TFL and 11 sacks this season. Linebacker Stephone Anthony is a defensive leader as well, pacing the team with 87 total tackles (9.5 TFL, 2.5 sacks). Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
wangshi0816

Zurück zu Expertenberichte